Custodial Foreman – Full-time
July 24, 2014
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Custodial Foreman. Starting salary will be $18,880 plus benefits. This position will function as the Custodial Team 1 Foreman and report directly to the Team Supervisor. This is a working foreman position. Selectee will be required to wear a uniform and present a neat, professional appearance. This position will be required to carry a radio while on duty and to respond to the Supervisor and Manager promptly.
Responsibilities will include:
• A variety of daily cleaning tasks
• Assisting the supervisor with weekly custodial supply orders and their pickup and delivery
• Assisting with work orders in Megamations program
• Filling in for supervisor when he/she is on leave
• Assisting with scheduling evening, weekend and event support
• Conducting inspections and working with the team to ensure all deficiencies are corrected promptly
• Performing other duties as assigned by management such as event preparation and support, inclement weather support, and special project teams
• Knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning chemicals, equipment and
• Knowledge of safety practices related to the work
• Working skill in the operation of manual and power cleaning equipment to include buffers, wet-dry vacuums, shampooers, and pressure washers
• Ability to perform a variety of cleaning tasks
• Ability to tolerate contact with a variety of cleaning products and solutions
• Ability to lift/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to perform manual labor
• Basic computer skills and ability to use Megamations program
• Perform weekday and weekend stand by responsibilities for after-hours calls
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and follow oral/written instructions
• Ability to work on a team
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid VA driver’s license
Apply on-line at https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=192867
On-line applications are accepted until position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability.