I have advised 42 undergraduates and high school students in applied and industrial mathematics projects with sponsors that include Calabzas Creek Research Inc. (Department of Energy Contractor), Goodyear Tire and Rubber Corporation, Baekaert Steel Corporation, The National Institute of Health, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, The City of Lexington, and Valley Program for Aging Services.
I would love to advise any project that involves mathematical modeling or optimizing physical problems including design and process management. I have designed many computational tools for industry. I have a lot of experience in statistics and data mining as well.
Specific problems I have advised include:
- Designing a tool to optimize the production of steel wire.
- Building a data mining tool to predict the performance of tires before they are built.
- Optimizing the design of a power amplifier used in satellite applications.
- Creating software to optimally route meal delivery for the Valley Program for Aging Services.
- Building a data mining algorithm to predict HIV patient health under various treatment regiments.
- Creating a computational model to help the Navy determine the appropriate search patterns and asset usage to detect pirate activity.