SFC Eric Graves
Military Science & Leadership
2058 Kilbourne Hall
Virginia Military Institute
Lexington, VA 24450
P: (540) 464-7351
F: (540) 464-7639
Awards & Decorations:
- Combat Infantry Badge
- Special Forces Tab
- Ranger Tab
- Master Parachutist Badge
- French Forces Commando Badge
- German Armed Forces Parachutist Badge
- Egyptian Parachutist Badge
- Bronze Star Medal with “V” Device
- Bronze Star
- Purple Heart
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal (6th award)
- Army Achievement Medal (5th award)
- Army Superior Medal
- Conduct Medal (6th award)
- National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal with three Campaign Stars
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- NCO Professional Development Ribbon (3rd award)
- Army Service Ribbon
- Overseas Service Ribbon
SFC Graves enlisted into the US Army on 02 October 1991 from Hudson New Hampshire. He attended Basic Training and AIT at Fort Sill, OK as a 13F Forward Observer with Airborne and Ranger in his contract. Upon completion at Fort Sill he attended Airborne School and Ranger Induction Program at Fort Benning, GA. He was than assigned to Bravo Company 1st Ranger Battalion in Savannah, GA as a Forward Observer. He spent six and a half years at 1st Ranger Battalion, during that time he graduated from Ranger School, French Commando School, Demo School, Joint Firepower/Control Course, Primary Leadership Development Course and Basic Non Commissioned Officers Course. His deployments included French Guiana, Haiti/Cuba, Egypt, Panama, Germany and numerous OCONUS.
His second assignment was Giessen Germany HHB 2/3 Field Artillery where he was a COLT platoon Sergeant for one year. During his time here he went to Special Forces Selection and was accepted to the Special Forces Qualification Course.
After Graduating the Special Forces Qualification Course his third assignment was to 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne). While there he served as Senior Weapons Sergeant for ODA 565, Company XO and Senior Weapons Sergeant/Assistant Team Sergeant for ODA 563. His deployment included four combat tours to Iraq and numerous COUNS and OCOUNS deployments.
His last assignment before retirement was Senior Instructor at Special Forces Qualification Course teaching small unit tactics and common skills.
SFC Graves has one son named Jeremy.