2013-02-08, 0900 hours - Malicious Software-Phishing Alert
The below email message is an example of a phishing message that has been received by multiple people on Post. The attachments below are infected. The network administrator is in the process of blocking this email and its associated payload with an update we have received.
Should you ever receive this type of message or any similar messages, please follow the below procedures:
- DO NOT open the attachments.
- DO NOT reply to the message,
- DO NOT click on any links or attempt to “Download Pictures” within the email.
- DO NOT provide the sender with any username, password, or personal information.
- DELETE the message.
- NEVER provide your personal information to anyone.
If you ever mistakenly clicked on links and enter username/password information, please change your password immediately. Contact the Help Desk at Help@vmi.edu or call 7643 if you have any questions or problems.