2013-04-18, 1500 hours - New Self Service Password Application
As part of our continued security improvements, the IT Department will implement a new Self Service Password application on 30 April 2013.
Everyone will need to register in the new application prior to 30 April 2013. To begin the registration process, please do the following:
- Look on your “Desktop” and double-click on the “My Password Information” icon (cadets will need to use a domain computer located in a lab to see this icon):
- If your password is to expire on or before 30 April;
- Please change your password now using the current system (Self Service Password)
- Log off the network and then log back on.
- Register in the new system www.vmi.edu/SSPRegistration
- If your password is going to expire after 30 April you do not need to change your password at this time. Please proceed to registering in the new SSP application www.vmi.edu/SSPRegistration.
The registration process consists of logging in with your network username and password, and then selecting several security questions. (Registering is the only active feature available at this time. Full functionality will be available 30 April.) When you register in the new system, you will automatically be unregistered in the current Self Service Password application.
For detailed registration instructions please see the article “Registering in Self Service Password” by clicking the “Self Service Password” link on www.vmi.edu/it
If you have any questions, please call the Help Desk at 7643 or email Help@vmi.edu.