Things you need to know BEFORE you reserve a lab:
- What lab do you want to reserve?
117 Scott Shipp
- What dates and times do you need?
Will this be a single date/time reservation (one specific date/time)?
Will this be a recurring reservation (every Tues. & Thursday)?
Procedure to reserve a lab:
- Open Outlook
- Click New Items
- Click Meeting
- Click TO button
- Type in the lab number (e.g., 117 or 414)
- Click the RESOURCES button at the bottom & Click OK
- Set the START TIME
- Set the END TIME & Click OK
If this will be a recurring appointment, click the RECURRENCE button at the top
Select the RECURRENCE PATTERN
Complete the RANGE OF RECURRENCE (will most likely be “End by”)
- Click the SCHEDULING ASSISTANT button to verify that ALL of the dates/times you need are available.
- If ALL dates/times ARE NOT, make the necessary adjusts to your request before proceeding.
- If ALL dates/times ARE available, click the APPOINTMENT button at the top & Click Send
- You will receive a confirmation email for your reservation
NOTE: It is very important that you remember to view the SCHEDULING ASSISTANT to verify that the dates/times you want are available BEFORE you “send” your request.
- If you schedule a recurring appointment and the lab is already reserved on ANY of the dates/times you have selected ONLY the dates/times that are available will be reserved for you.
- The unavailable dates WILL NOT be reserved.
- You will receive a “DECLINED” message advising of the dates that WERE NOT reserved along with the name of the person who actually has them reserved.
- If you have a day or recurring reservation that you no longer need, please DELETE it from the schedule so someone else can reserve that time.
You need to make a recurring reservation for 117 Scott Shipp Lab every Thursday starting at 2:00 p.m. and ending at 3:30 p.m. beginning on Thursday, March 7 continuing through Thursday, April 25.
This lab has already been reserved by someone else on these Thursdays: March 14, March 28, April 18.
You “send” your request before viewing the SCHEDULING ASSISTANT to check availability and receive the DECLINED message advising that these three dates are unavailable.
You can schedule those three dates in the 414 Mallory Lab or another classroom that is available to you, or you contact the person who has the lab reserved to see if they can make a change.
If any of the dates/times that were reserved for you are no longer needed, please DELETE them from the schedule so someone else can reserve that time.
For instructions please view the Lab Reservations Video. If further assistance is needed, please call me at 7528 or contact the Help Desk at Help@vmi.edu or call 7643.