SSG Chip Lilly
Military Science & Leadership
2053 Kilbourne Hall
Virginia Military Institute
Lexington, VA 24450
P: (540) 464-7351
F: (540) 464-7639
Awards & Decorations
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal w/ Campaign Star
- Bronze Star Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Good Conduct Medal
- Army Reserves Components Achievement Medal (3rd Award)
- National Defense Service Medal w/ Bronze Service Star
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Non Article 5 NATO (ISAF) Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal w/ 2 Campaign Stars
- Army Service Ribbon
- Overseas Service Ribbon (3rd Award)
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal w/ M Device (3rd Award)
- Joint Meritorious Unit award
- Combat Action Badge
- German Marksmanship Badge (Silver)
- Drill Sergeant Badge
SSG Chip Lilly is a native of Staunton, VA. He enlisted into the Army Reserves in 1998 shortly after receiving his BA in Education from Berea College. He attended OSUT at Ft Knox as 19D Cavalry Scout. In 2002, he graduated from Drill Sergeant School. In 2004, he attended Combat Leaders Course at Ft Benning, GA. In 2005-2006, was deployed to Iraq as a MTT; and, 2007-2008 was deployed to Afghanistan to serve as a Soldier Training Kandak (STK) Team Leader. In 2009, SSG Lilly was transitioned to 11B Infantryman. He has completed Infantryman Advanced Leader Course and first phase of Senior Leader Course. In 2012-20013, he was deployed as an Instructor for the Facility Security Forces (FSF), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
He has been a Military Science instructor at Marist College/ Fordham University and at Liberty University/ University of Virginia.
He is currently serving as a Senior Drill and Platoon SGT C Company 2/317 98th DIV.
SSG Lilly is married and has three children and a grandson.