Daren J. Timmons, Ph.D.
Professor and Head
John C. Allen '62 Institute Professorship in Chemistry
Ph.D. - Texas A&M University (1999)
B.S. - Duke University (1994)
Specialty: Inorganic Chemistry & Synthesis of Transition Metal & Lanthanide Series Complexes
401E Maury-Brooke Hall
Virginia Military Institute
Lexington, VA 24450
P: (540) 464-7420
F: (540) 464-7261
Dr. Timmons is an inorganic chemist with interests in transition metal and lanthanide series complexes. Prior to coming to VMI, he completed a postdoctoral assignment at the University of Arizona under the direction of M. P. Doyle.
- A Stepwise Transition from Microporosity to Mesoporosity in Metal-Organic Frameworks by thermal treatment. D. Yuan, D. Zhao, D. J. Timmons, and H.-C. Zhou Chem. Sci. 2011, 2, 103-106.
- Tune the Topology and Functionality of Metal-Organic Frameworks by Ligand Design. D. Zhao, D. J. Timmons, D. Yuan, and H.-C. Zhou Acc. Chem. Res. 2011, 44 (2), 123-133.
- Ligand Bridging-Angle-Driven Assembly of Molecular Architectures Based on Quadruply Bonded Mo−Mo Dimers. J.-R. Li, A. Yakovenko, W. Lu, D. J. Timmons, W. Zhuang, D. Yuan, H.-C. Zhou J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132 (49), 17599-17610.
- Interconversion between molecular polyhedral and metal-organic frameworks. J.-R. Li, D. J. Timmons, H.-C. Zhou, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 6368-6369.
- Potential Applications of Metal-Organic Frameworks. R. J. Kuppler, Q.-R. Fang, J.-R. Li, T. A. Makal, D. J. Timmons, A. A. Yakavenko, M. D. Young, D. Yuan, D. Zhao, W. Zhuang, and H.-C. Zhou, Coord. Chem. Rev. 2009, 253(23-24), 3042-3066.
- Assembling extended structures with flavonoids. D. J. Timmons, M. R. Pacheco, K. A. Fricke, C. Slebodnick, Cryst. Growth Des. 2008, 8, 2765-2769.