Web Interface (WI)
WI is a web enabled service which allows access to published applications on the VMI network. Applications are used through an encrypted session directly on a VMI server as opposed to transmitting data over the Internet creating a more secure working environment.
WI does not provide dial-up or network access. Users must have their own ISP to use the WI solution, or use a VMI mobile PC that has been configured to use the VMI EarthLink account(s).
Once connected via WI, users may access the following network resources depending on user access level:
- Network drives - Such as Departmental O: drive, Personal Directory M: drive, and the Public Directory P: drive.
- VMI email - via the Outlook client including accessing PST files on network drives
- Datatel Colleague- Without the need to install the client software on your remote computer.
- Remote Desktop - Access your VMI desktop computer from off Post
- Preston Library research databases
It is suggested that all departments with mobile computers, and individuals who travel frequently, use the WI solution to ensure data integrity.
Please follow the installation instructions to use WI: