Assistant Commandant – Part time
Posted Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Virginia Military Institute is seeking applications for a part-time Assistant Commandant in the Commandant’s Office for the 2017-2018 academic year. The incumbent shall perform duties as directed by the Deputy Commandant, Deputy Commandant for Support, and Assistant Commandant for Cadet Activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as a liaison between the Commandant’s Office and several agencies
- Review and update general orders, standard operating procedures, and various other documents
- Assist in barracks occupancy studies
- Manage cadet activities, clubs, MWR events
- Perform various assignments tasked down from members of the Commandant’s Staff
This is a 1500-hour maximum position for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
Online applications accepted at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/89322
Please also submit a resume, cover letter, and the names of 3 professional references, with your application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.