Computer Support Technician – Part-Time
Posted Friday, November 3, 2017
Virginia Military Institute is seeking applications for a part-time Computer Support Technician for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
This is an entry-level wage position in which the candidate will be responsible for servicing and supporting cadet/faculty/staff computers, full-time computer technicians, and technical support at the Barracks Help Desk. This position is also responsible for imaging and deploying new computers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Basic troubleshooting
- Support personal computer hardware and software
- Re-imaging PCs
- Image new PCs
- Backup/transfer data from old PCs to new PCs
- Schedule delivery date/time with end user
- Deliver new PC to end user and swap out old PC
- Confirm that everything works for user before leaving
- Accurately complete required paperwork
This is a 1500-hour maximum position for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
Hourly Wage based on qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge of hardware repair and software configurations
- Experience supporting Microsoft products including Operating systems and the Office Suite
- Experience supporting MAC operating systems
- Able to follow instructions
- Detail oriented individual with IT skills to perform entry-level troubleshooting
- Must work well with minimal supervision
- Must be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team setting
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
A criminal background check will be conducted on the person selected for this position.
Associates Degree in Information Systems or similar field
Microsoft or A+ certification
Previous PC technician experience
Apply Online at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/93625
Please include a resume and cover letter with application.
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled. VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.