Custodian - Full-time
Posted Wednesday, December 6, 2017
VMI is accepting applications for two full-time Custodians.
- Maintain, within an assigned area on Post, a high standard of cleanliness through daily cleaning and disinfecting all assigned restrooms, to include weekly scrubbing with mechanical and manual equipment.
- Remove trash and debris from all assigned areas, frequently lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally move heavy furniture.
- Ensure all assigned floors are kept clean and free of debris.
- Be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule and/or work in an overtime status to support evening and weekend Post events.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management such as event preparation and support, inclement weather support and special project teams.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning chemicals, equipment, and supplies
- Knowledge of safety practices related to the work
- Working skill in the operation of manual and power cleaning equipment to include buffers, wet-dry vacuums, shampooers, and pressure washers
- Ability to perform a variety of cleaning tasks
- Ability to tolerate contact with a variety of cleaning products and solutions
- Ability to lift/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Ability to read and write the English language and to understand and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to work in either a team or individual environment
- Prefer High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid VA driver’s license
- Successful candidate must pass a criminal background check
Starting salary is $18,564 plus Benefits.
Apply online at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/95993
Or Send completed State application form to Human Resources, Virginia Military Institute, 305 Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA 24450-0304.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.