Cadet Academic Support Coordinator – Part-time
Posted Friday, November 17, 2017
Virginia Military Institute invites applications for the position of Cadet Academic Support Coordinator for the Miller Academic Center (MAC). Will assist the Director of the Miller Academic Center with management of activities and staff in the Miller Academic Center. The successful applicant will wear civilian attire and work varied hours as needed to oversee scheduled evening tutoring sessions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
In conjunction with the Director, oversees the evening Group Study Session Program – recruiting high performing cadets in the subject areas to offer course-specific scheduled evening tutoring sessions. Coordinates hired tutors, hiring, training, tracking and assessment. Works with faculty and Registrar’s Office to identify potential cadet tutors.
- Works directly with students in the development and delivery of group study sessions.
- Works with students in soliciting input and assistance with academic support programs as needed.
- Perform basic administrative support functions for the Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a 1,500-hour maximum position for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in academic advising, student services or higher education
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven skills in collaboration within and across departments.
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to work non-standard hours during times in which center programs are running.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive experience in the fields of academic advising, student services, or higher education
- Supervisory experience
Salary: $13 - $15 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Online applications accepted at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/94973
Please also submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references with your application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.