Head Wrestling Coach
Posted Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a full-time Head Wrestling Coach. The primary function of the head coaching position is to direct a successful Division I wrestling program with unquestioned adherence to governing rules and commitment to educational success of program participants.
Duties include the following:
- Directing and coordinating the planning, organizing, and coaching of the VMI wrestling program.
- On-site coaching during practice and competition.
- Competition preparation; formulating and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs.
- Recruitment and retention of quality student athletes that fit at VMI.
- Administration of an operating budget.
- Management of staff and the detailing of coaching directions and responsibilities
- Fundraising; promotional and public relations activities; speaking engagements and media interviews.
- Knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
- Providing leadership and instruction in terms of the personal and athletic development of cadet athletes at VMI. Must demonstrate professional integrity.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Demonstrated ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states, and knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
Minimum of three years of collegiate coaching experience.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employment begins at a mutually agreed upon date.
Candidates must apply on-line at:
Please include resume, cover letter of application, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.