Trades Technician III - Full time - Physical Plant
Posted Friday, January 19, 2018
Trades Technician III – Full Time – Physical Plant
VMI is accepting applications for (1) full-time Trades Technician positions in the Physical Plant Department.
- All aspects of residential repairs and maintenance
- Performing general maintenance of all houses at VMI. Duties typically include a combination of the following: perform and assist in, included but not limited to plumbing, painting, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, and snow/ice removal.
- Being on call with the ability to respond in a reasonable time
- Working well with others in a team environment and the general public.
- Working weekends and evenings to support VMI functions and emergencies.
- Upholding the established appearance and conduct standards to ensure the VMI Physical Plant organization is represented to the highest level and respected in the VMI community
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or GED preferred.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Successful candidate must have extensive experience in plumbing, electrical and general carpentry work.
- Ability to work from heights and operate a power lift
Starting Salary: $28,000 plus benefits.
Background checks will be conducted on selected candidates
Candidates must apply on-line at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/99510
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.