Mason Plasterer (Waterproofer) - Full-Time - Physical Plant
Posted Friday, January 19, 2018
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Mason Plasterer (Waterproofer).
- Repair plaster
- Lay brick and block
- Make repairs to cracked & loose plaster
- Power wash/clean stone work & capstones
- Replace broken windows, glaze and caulk as necessary
- Perform exterior & interior painting
- Form and finish concrete steps, walks, etc.
Must be on call with the ability to respond immediately. Assist other trades as needed.
- Experience in renovation and maintenance of older buildings;
- Ability to work from heights up to but not limited to 100 feet from swinging scaffold or power lift.
- Applicants must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures (heat), constant swaying motion, and the restricted mobility from wearing the fall protective gear.
- Applicants must possess the ability to work well with others in a team environment and the general public.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High school graduate or equivalent;
- 2+ years’ experience in plaster repair & concrete finishing preferred
- Ability to work from heights up to but not limited to 135 feet from swinging scaffold or power lift.
Starting salary is $25,718 plus benefits.
Background checks will be conducted on selected candidates
Apply on-line at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/99515
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.