Tailor (Apparel Worker) - Full-time
Posted Friday, May 18, 2018
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a full-time Tailor.
- Support the Tailor/Repair Shop by altering/repairing cadet uniforms.
- Perform routine maintenance to equipment;
- Keep accurate account of daily work for later reference, to include use of iPad.
- Excellent work history and references required.
- Successful candidate must be able to understand oral and written instructions, and work well with college-aged customers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Will train the proper candidate; however, basic sewing skills and some experience using sewing machines is desirable.
- Basic computer skills.
Starting salary is $20,000 or more based on experience, and includes a competitive benefits package.
Apply online at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/111851 or send a completed state application to the Human Resources Office, 305 Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA 24450-0304, or call Cindy Dudley (540) 464-7782 for more information.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Criminal background check required for successful candidate.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.
VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services