Electrician - Full-time
Posted Wednesday, March 7, 2018
VMI is accepting applications for one full-time Electrician position.
Performing electrical repairs and new installations as part of the maintenance crew. Duties typically include a combination of the following: perform and assist in performance of other trades work as assigned, included but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical (to include commercial applications), carpentry, painting and snow/ice removal.
- Working well with others in a team environment and the general public;
- Upholding the established appearance and conduct standards to ensure the VMI Physical Plant organization is represented to the highest level and respected in the VMI community;
- Install conduit panels, boxes, outlets, switches; also wiring and other electrical fixtures. Test circuits using various testing devices so as to meet all electrical codes for state, federal, and all safety standards;
- Maintain and repair various sizes and types of electrical motors and various electrical lights and equipment;
- On occasion, working weekends and after hours to support VMI functions and weather related events;
- Being on call with the ability to respond in a reasonable time and identified as essential personnel for responding to emergencies and/or natural disasters;
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with clean driving record required;
- Successful candidate must have extensive experience in plumbing, electrical and general carpentry work;
- Ability to work from heights and operate a power lift;
- Journeyman level card preferred or must be willing to participate in apprenticeship program to obtain license.
- High School Graduate or GED Preferred.
Candidates must apply on-line at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/104625
Maximum starting salary is $28,000, plus a competitive benefits package.
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled.
Criminal background check required for selected candidate.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.