VMI has high-speed wireless network capabilities on Post in select locations to allow users easy access the VMI network and the internet. Wireless technology gives users the freedom to access the internet and network resources without the limitations of being physically connected to the network infrastructure via wires.
VMI offers two separate wireless networks: “VMI-Guest” and “VMI-Sentinel.” VMI Guest is open to public and visitors to VMI. VMI-Sentinel is limited to VMI faculty, staff, and cadets. You must have valid VMI logon credentials to connect to VMI-Sentinel.
Connecting to VMI-Guest
How you connect depends on which operating system your device is running. Open the display of wireless networks that your device is seeing. The wireless network name is case sensitive. VMI Guest network will show up as VMI-Guest. If it is not exactly VMI-Guest, it may not be a VMI wireless network and may not be safe to connect.
Connecting to VMI-Sentinel
VMI-Sentinel is limited to Faculty, Staff, and Cadets only. You will need to have an active domain account to be able to logon to this wireless network.
For Mac or Android users: simply click to connect to VMI-Sentinel wireless network, enter your domain credentials as "vmi\username", and click connect.
For Windows devices: Use the instructions below to connect to VMI-Sentinel, and download the Aruba Quick Connect.zip file to set your system. This will allow you to access the VMI-Sentinel wireless and associated network resources.
VMI-Sentinel Connection Instructions for Windows
- Download and install Aruba Quick Connect.zip file
- Open the file by double clicking on the ArubaQuickConnect- 1414686248.exe file.
- Select Run
- Enter username “vmi\username” and your password, and click Next.
- Once your login and password have been entered, select Next. This will complete the set-up on your system. Select Connect
- Once connect is selected, the following screen should be displayed as information of a successful connection to the wireless network.
- Please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 464-7643 if you have questions or problems connecting.