- Students may apply to the ECE Honors Program no earlier than the beginning of their third class year. The application form must be completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office through the ECE Department Head.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 and a minimum ECE GPA of 3.30.
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 and a minimum ECE GPA of 3.30 in order to remain in the ECE Honors Program and be eligible for ECE Honors upon graduation.
- Students must submit an honors thesis proposal to the ECE Department Head no later than the end of the second class year. The honors thesis proposal must include the following:
- A description of the project
- Approval of the project advisor(s)
- Students must complete (with no grades below B) a minimum of 3 hours of Undergraduate Research in ECE (EE 491-496) or ECE Internship for Credit (EE 469).
- Students must present the results of their work in an external professional forum, such as IEEE, NCUR, ASEE, etc.
- At the conclusion of their project, but no later than one week before the end of classes that semester, students must submit their final honors thesis to their project advisor(s) and the ECE Department Head for approval.