Make VMI part of your fall football plans.
Please respect our fans. All VMI game day events are alcohol free.
Parades by the Corps of Cadets begin at 10:30 a.m. Guests enjoy a morning of tailgating, getting to know friends of their cadet, and catching up with other parents. Please, do not allow alcohol in the midst of this experience. Games begin promptly at 1:30 p.m. following a full Corps opening march-on ceremony. There are six home games in the fall of 2012 - don't miss one.
Fan Parking: Parking on Post during game days will start later than in previous years to ensure the safety of our visitors and parking attendants. Fans will be permitted to park beginning no earlier than 7:30 a.m. This includes Parade Ground parking and parking in parking lots. No overnight parking is permitted.
ENTERING TRAFFIC UPDATE: Signage will direct fans to the Jordan’s Point entrance to VMI. This is the primary entrance to on-post parking areas. The only vehicles that will be allowed through the Letcher Avenue entrance will be those of VMI employees, Keydet Club Leadership members, Institute Society members, and designated members of the Parents Council setting up official Parents Council events. After 11:30 a.m., fans coming for the game may use either the Jordan’s Point or the Letcher Avenue entrances.
Items That Cannot Be Taken into the Stadium – The following items cannot be taken into the stadium. You will not be allowed to enter the stadium with these items in your possession:
All other items are subject to search.
RV Parking: RV parking is not permitted on Post. RVs are allowed to use the WalMart lot adjacent to Lowes for parking and use the Lowes shuttle service to and from Post. RV owners are asked to park in the back of the lot (adjacent to the Goodwill Donation Building). If the lot becomes crowded, WalMart management reserves the right to ask RVs owners to relocate.
Remote Parking: Off-post parking for fans this year will be at the Lowe’s parking lot. Shuttle service will run continuously between Lowe's and Cameron Hall from 9 a.m. to after the end of the game.
On Post Shuttle Service – An on-post shuttle service will run continuously from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pick up locations are Moody Hall, JM Hall, Crozet Hall, and Cameron Hall. During the football game, shuttles will be positioned at Cameron Hall to transport spectators from the stadium back to the parade ground area.
City of Lexington Parking: The City of Lexington has stepped up to support VMI’s game day weekends by allowing us to use available parking within a short distance from VMI.
- Courthouse parking deck and Randolph Street Parking Lot: More than 150 free parking spaces are available in these two lots that are located on Varner Lane across from the Lexington Visitors Center and just a short walk from Post and Foster Stadium. For directions, use Varner Lane, Lexington, VA when you google.
- City Parking: On weekends, there are no time limits for parking on the street or in city parking lots.
PARADE GROUND PARKING AND TAILGATING:
- Alcohol Policy: Employees, cadets, visitors, and other persons, regardless of age, are not allowed to consume or possess alcohol on-Post, including events such as tailgating and locations such as, but not limited to alumni Memorial Field, Foster Stadium, Gray-Minor Stadium, and other locales involving Institute athletic events.
- Cost: The cost to park on the Parade Ground is $10. Please have money ready for attendants to keep traffic moving. Attendents will have the ability to make change.
- Parking on the Parade Ground is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking attendants will not allow spaces to be held for others. If you want to tailgate next to friends or family, please follow each other onto the Parade Ground.
- Please follow all directions when parking. We have an established plan that allows approximately 375 vehicles to park on the Parade Ground.
- Once you have entered the Parade Ground, you are not allowed to leave and return. If you choose to depart from the Parade Ground, please take all your personal items with you. Your space will not be held open.
- Only propane cooking equipment is allowed. All grills must be secured and TURNED OFF if left unattended.
- Trailer mounted grills and smokers are not allowed on the parade ground
- Activities that put others at risk are prohibited.
- Please secure all personal items when left unattended.
- TAILGATING with tents is permitted only on the Parade Ground.
- Tailgaters are responsible for separating their recycling from their garbage. We ask that recycling be placed in a clear bag and garbage be placed in a garbage bag and tied closed to avoid spilling. Trash and recycling cans are provided on the Parade Ground and are emptied during the football game.
- Tailgating tents with maximum dimensions of 10’ x 10’ are allowed. Any tents exceeding these measurements will be removed.
- The Parade Ground will close at 6:00 p.m. Any vehicles remaining on the Parade Ground will be subject to towing.
- PETS: The following guidance is provided concerning pets on Post (1) pets will not be left unattended at any time, (2) pets will be on a leash at all times, (3) owners will clean up after their pets. Violators will be ticketed in accordance with local ordinances.
- To avoid damage to yours and others personal property, all tailgating items need to be properly secured when you leave the area, i.e. tents staked in the ground, chairs stored, grills turned off, etc.