2015 Cancelled or Courses Subject to Cancellation
Non-guaranteed courses will be taught only if they have sufficient enrollment. Normally 100-200 level courses with fewer than 10 students, and 300-400 level courses with fewer than 7 students will be cancelled. In order to meet the needs of as many students as possible, courses will be cancelled in accordance with the following procedure:
- On May 15, 2015 after 4 p.m. for the 1st session, and June 19, 2015 after 4 p.m. for the 2nd session, cancelled courses and courses subject to cancellation will emailed and posted on this web page and in the Summer Session Office located at 303 Shell Hall. Students can also call the Summer Session Office at (540) 464-7213 to check on the status of a course.
A student enrolled in a course that has been cancelled who does not wish to add a course need do nothing further. The Student Accounting Office will credit your account or process a refund. Students who wish to add or change a course due to a cancellation may do so in the Summer Session Office, 303 Shell Hall. Students who have paid for room and board or registered a car and wish to drop out of the Summer Session should report to the Summer Session Office.
SESSION II CANCELLED COURSES:
The following Summer Session II courses have been cancelled due to low enrollment:
BI-101 General Biology I
- BU-220 Principles of Management
- BU-322 Human Resource Management
- BU-330 Management Information Systems
- BU-335 Web 2.0 for Business
- CE-333 Transportation Engineering
- CH-262 Public Health Issues
- CIS-112 Programming II
- ERH-103 Fundamentals Public Speaking
- ERH-224W Genre Studies: Non-Fiction
- HI-206 History of the US II
- HI-315 History of Everday Life (M)
- IS-230 Comparative Politics
- MA-105 Intro-Probability/Statistics I
- PE-324 Exercise Physiology
- PS-301 Psychology of Learning
- SP-314 Latin American Cultures & Civilizations
Tuition is refundable in part only upon official notice of withdrawal to the Director of the VMI Summer Session. Tuition will be refunded in full prior to the end of the drop/add period. After the drop/add period, but prior to the 7th day of classes, 25% of tuition will be refunded. Tuition will not be refunded on or after the 7th day of classes. Charges for meals will be refunded on a pro rata basis. Parking fees are refundable only if registration is cancelled prior to the beginning of classes.
NOTICE: All fees for the first session must be paid by 3:00 p.m. on May 15, 2015. All fees for the second session must be paid by 3:00 p.m. June 19, 2015. VMI will not bill parents or students. VMI accepts payment for Summer Session tuition and fees by cash, check, Echeck, or credit card (MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express only). If a credit card is used a 2.25% convenience fee will be assessed.