ROTC Scholarships are not offered directly through Virginia Military Institute, but may be applied to through their respective branches. ROTC scholarships generally cover tuition and auxiliary fees. Room & Board and Quartermaster fees are not covered!
- US Army Cadet Command Website - Gain access to information on the 4-year National AROTC Scholarship, Army Reserve Scholarship (Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty-GRFD), Green-to-Gold Scholarship, On-Campus Scholarships and other important information.
- US Army National Guard Website - Explore opportunites for commission-track programs available for cadets who join the Virginia National Guard.
- US Army Reserve Website - Explore educational opportunities while serving in the US Army Reserves.
- Simultaneous Membership Program - Allows you to participate in both the Guard and your college’s ROTCROTC:
Reserve Officers' Training Corps is a college elective that allows you to earn a commission straight out of college as a second lieutenant in the Army. The course consists of both academic classes and hands-on training.
ROTC program at the same time.
For more information, please contact:
MAJ Timothy Crider
Assistant Professor of Military Science
Phone: (540) 464-7187
Mr. Thomas Atkinson
Human Resource Technician
Phone: (540) 464-7680
- Officer Candidate Course (OCC) - A 10-week course at Officer Candidate School, Quantico, VA. This program allows for assignment into one of three specialty fields (Air, Ground, Law)
- Platoon Leaders Class (PLC) - Platoon Leaders Class allows assignment into one of three specialty fields (Air, Ground, Law)
- Enlisted to Officer - The Marine Corps encourages enlisted Marines to further their education and accept greater responsibility. Those who show exceptional leadership may talk with a commanding officer about the opportunity to become a Marine Officer.
Commissioning Programs for enlisted Marines include:
- Enlisted Commissioning Program (ECP)
- Marine Corps Enlisted Commissioning Educational Program (MECEP)
- Meritorious Commissioning Program