Above the ordinary, constant, and generous.
Since 1975, the members of The Institute Society have been leaders in support of VMI, routinely donating more than two-thirds of the unrestricted money raised annually through the Foundation Fund. This generosity has done much to ensure the Institute's academic and co-curricular programs remain strong and place VMI in the front rank of American higher education.
Opportunities for Membership
- George C. Marshall Order: $100,000 or more in lifetime giving
- Francis H. Smith Order: $10,000 - $99,999
- Scott Shipp Order: $5,000 - $9,999
- J.T.L. Preston Order: $3,000 - $4,999 **
- Thomas J. Jackson Order: $1,500 - $2,999
- Cadet John B. Strange Order: Younger alumni – those who graduated in the last 15 years – may join The Institute Society at the following annual gift levels:
- $250 – Classes 2016 to 2012
- $500 – Classes 2011 to 2007
- $1,000 – Classes 2006 to 2002
** The J.T.L. Preston Order also recognizes annual gifts of $3,000 or more to any Foundation-managed fund or endowment.