Save the date for the 32nd Annual Environment Virginia Symposium on March 29 - 31, 2022
On March 29-31, 2022, VMI will once again be the place #WhereLeadersMeet from every sector touching the Commonwealth's environment.
Below is a list of the dedicated individuals working behind the scenes to bring the conference program together with a balance of topics and voices.
Also below, you will find links to available previous conference materials, including links to videos, the conference program, or any white papers produced by the attendees.
PROGRAM ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The symposium is produced each year thanks to the collective endeavor of staff at the VMI Center for Leadership and Ethics and our Conference Planning Committee. Together, they combine the expertise of event hosting and environmental program planning and development.
VMI’s Center for Leadership and Ethics hosts the Environment Virginia Symposium along with several other national conferences which tackle complex issues of national urgency. The Center’s offices are located in Marshall Hall, a certified green venue location.
- Sharon Baxter, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Mereym Karad, Policy and Communications Advisor to the Secretary of Natural Resources at Office of Governor
- Frank Stovall, Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Michelle Stoll, Department of Forestry
- Miranda Ryan, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – Norfolk District
- Adrienne Kotula, Chesapeake Bay Commission
- Richard Street, Virginia Environmental Professionals Organization
- Tina Bickerstaff, EEC
- Amy Connelly, Wetland Studies and Solutions
- Chris Stone, Clark Nexsen
- Joe West, AECOM
- Ruth Debrito, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Jason Ericson, Dominion Energy
- Matt Wells, WestRock
- Harry Godfrey, Virginia Advanced Energy Economy
- Joe Maroon, Virginia Environmental Endowment
- Kendra Norrell, Institute for Sustainable Communities
- Mary Rafferty, Virginia Conservation Network
- Peggy Sanner, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Kendall Tyree, VA Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts
- Ross Weaver, Wetlands Watch
- Tamim Younos, Green Water-Infrastructure Academy
Virginia Military Institute (Academia)
- Program Chairman: Col. David Gray, Director, Center for Leadership and Ethics
- Program Coordinator: Lt. Col. Kim Connolly, Assistant Director for Programs and Conferences, Center for Leadership and Ethics
- Conference and Marketing Assistant: MayAnn Doan, Center for Leadership and Ethics
Resources from Past Conferences
- 2019 Environment Virginia Symposium – 30th Celebration: Event Photos, Presentation Resources, Program Booklet, and Video Playlist.
- 2018 EV Symposium Resources, including the program book, breakout schedule, and collected presentations
- More collected playlist video resources (for all our speaker events) may be found on the Center's YouTube Channel.