Below is an overview of the borrowing rules at Preston Library. Full details can be found in the Circulation Policy.
Preston Library extends borrowing privileges to:
- Current VMI cadets, faculty, and staff
- Faculty and students at Washington & Lee University, Southern Virginia University, and all Virginia colleges and universities
- Local high school students
- Residents of Rockbridge County
- Most books: 4 weeks
- Recreational reading and new books: 2 weeks
- DVDs, Blu-rays, and CDs: 1 week
- In person at the circulation desk
- By phone: 464-7129
- In response to an email overdue notice or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via My Library
Items may be returned by bringing them to the circulation desk or leaving them in the book drop to the left of the front doors.
My Library provides online access to your library account, allowing you to view your contact information and what you have borrowed, renew items, and place holds. Members of the VMI community can use their VMI account information to log in. Non-VMI patrons may set a username and password at the circulation desk.
Holds and Recalls
If an item you want is checked out by another patron, circulation staff will be happy to recall it and notify you when it is available.