Each year, cadets and prospective cadets must complete and submit
- VMI Financial Aid Application and
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The 2017-2018 FAFSA is available after October 1, 2016, and will utilize tax information from 2015. VMI's school code is 003753
by the Priority Deadline –
March 1: for incoming cadets
March 1: for returning cadets
If you miss the Priority Deadline, you should still complete the FAFSA and financial aid application. However, the availability of funds will be limited.
- Prospective and returning cadets may be selected by the Department of Education for verification. Certain steps still must be completed before you will be awarded financial aid.
- Please complete, along with your parent(s), the Verification Worksheet.
- If the student and/or parent were non-tax filers for 2015, please complete the Student Statement of Non Tax Filing or Parent Statement of Non Tax Filing as applicable.
- The Internal Revenue Service's Data Retrieval Tool (IRS-DRT) is currently not working. In lieu of the IRS-DRT, if you and your parent are tax filers you need to request a 2015 Tax Return Transcript, free of charge from the IRS online at www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript or by telephone at (800) 908-9946, and provide our office with a copy.
- Complete the Financial Aid Appeal Form to request a review by the Director of Financial Aid.