Civil Engineering is the oldest of the engineering professions and the broadest in scope. It is the parent of all other branches of engineering. The Civil Engineering curriculum at VMI includes a traditional array of courses that permit our graduates to pursue any of the specialty areas in Civil Engineering.
The Civil Engineering Program's educational objective is to produce graduates who are:
- Able to analyze and design civil engineering components and systems
- Committed to life-long learning
- Able to communicate effectively both in written and oral forms
- Able to work well in team situations and contribute to the success of an organization
- Committed to moral and ethical practices
- Bachelor of Science