October 17, 2014
VMI's Information Technology Department is accepting applications for a full-time Programmer.
Under general supervision this position will require programming, design, and development of the Institute’s ERP (Ellucian Colleague XE) systems and the Institute’s main website and related third party tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide application system design, support and programming utilizing Ellucian Colleague XE Software in a Unidata/SQL environment.
• Design, develop, document, implement and maintain Enterprise Application programs, subroutines, virtual fields and views using a variety of programming tools.
• Support Colleague XE Application and all other applications that interact or supplement it.
• Coordinates design review activities with other team members to ensure applications adhere to the standards and structure developed.
• Contributes to the team development through presentations, demonstrations.
• Coordinates access to underlying databases and data storage with other application developers and administrators.
• Develop system standards, guidelines, and procedures.
• Creates and maintains operational, technical, and user documentation.
• Analyze, review, identify, evaluate, and develop system processes to ensure end-users needs are being met.
• Train end-users on application functionalities and conducts software training workshops.
• Communicate effectively with users to determine solutions that best fit their environment and need.
• Create or modify end user reports to suit their need.
• Troubleshoots functional and technical issues and provides related solutions to users.
• Conducts detailed needs and systems analysis.
• Evaluates software service requests and prepares detailed project time estimates.
• Evaluates third party software packages and serves as liaison with software and support vendors.
• Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
• Support departmental goals and timelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Backup the Administrator of the Institute’s main web site built on an Ektron platform.
• College coursework in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Programming experience in an integrated database environment preferred.
• Maintaining administrative software in a college setting preferred.
• Technical skills and knowledge dealing with Ellucian system architecture in a Windows environment, Microsoft SQL and Ellucian Eclipse programming tools.
• Experience creating end user reports with Entrinsik Informer and other third party tools.
• Proficient in Microsoft 2010 Office Suite with an emphasis in Access Database design.
• Programming experience in any of the following: SharePoint Designer, Microsoft programming tools, ASP, .NET, C#, and SQL.
• College coursework in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Programming experience in an integrated database environment.
• Maintaining administrative software in a college setting.
Apply online at: https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=197542
Starting salary commensurate with education and experience.
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled. Include a letter of interest describing aspects of your background that makes you well-suited for the position, a resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability.