Cadet Peer Educators
The Cadet Peer Educators (CPE) are a group of current VMI Cadets who have been trained and certified through the Nationally Certified Bacchus Network™ Certified Peer Educator Training Program.
CPEs provide assistance throughout the year with outreach programming and events. Additionally, they serve as effective role models by encouraging peers to develop awareness, promote open dialogue and honesty, and encourage responsible attitudes and lifestyles.
The goals of the CPE program are to:
- Increase individual as well as CORPS-wide knowledge, comfort, and skills in health and wellness topics
- Increase activity levels among veteran and new peer educators
- Recruit and retain new, active peer educators
- Enhance the awareness of members of the VMI community
- Inform fellow BRs of Resources available while on Post.