The Cadet Peer Educators are taking applications for 2014-2015.
Do you think you have what it takes to be a CPE member? The Center for Cadet Counseling is currently accepting applications for CPE membership for AY 2014-2015.
Just fill out the application form and have a member of the VMI faculty/staff submit a letter of recommendation to our office. Deadline is COB 17 February 2014.
To Submit by email, send all materials to MAJ Hoff, subject line "CPE Application"
Cadet Peer Educators
The Cadet Peer Educators (CPE) are a group of current VMI Cadets who have been trained and certified through the Nationally Certified Bacchus Network™ Certified Peer Educator Training Program.
CPEs provide assistance throughout the year with outreach programming and events. Additionally, they serve as effective role models by encouraging peers to develop awareness, promote open dialogue and honesty, and encourage responsible attitudes and lifestyles.
The goals of the CPE program are to:
- Increase individual as well as CORPS-wide knowledge, comfort, and skills in health and wellness topics
- Increase activity levels among veteran and new peer educators
- Recruit and retain new, active peer educators
- Enhance the awareness of members of the VMI community
- Inform fellow BRs of Resources available while on Post.