Circulation Information for Faculty
You may begin borrowing materials from Preston Library immediately, since your library record is set up automatically.
Your VMI ID card, available from the Human Resources Department, serves as a library card.
· Books and bound serials may be borrowed for an entire academic year and are due in April.
· Audio-visual materials may be borrowed for one week.
· Materials from our Recreational Reading Collection may be borrowed for two weeks.
· Current periodicals do not circulate, but we have a photocopy machine available, and copies are free for faculty. Faculty may also make free copies from micro-film and –fiche printers.
· Books and bound serials must be physically returned to the library each April but may be borrowed again for another academic year.
· A-V and Recreational Reading materials may be renewed by phone (464-7129), in person (no need to bring the items with you), at My Library (see below), or by replying to an e-mail overdue notice.
· My Library allows you to view your library record, renew items, place holds, and update your contact information.
· To log in, enter your VMI network username and password.
Other Useful Information
· If another patron requests the use of an item you have checked out, that item will be recalled. We appreciate your cooperation in returning recalled materials.
· Circulation staff will be happy to search for any item that is not found in its correct location.
· VMI faculty enjoy faculty borrowing privileges at the W&L libraries. Simply take your VMI ID card when you visit to set up an account.
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact Lt. Col. Susan Hastings, at 464-7607 or email@example.com.