In the summer of 2007, five cadets participated in the inaugural summer of the department’s “internship for credit” program. Working with the department internship coordinator to secure the internship, ECBU majors and minors can then apply to earn up to 3 credit hours for an economics or business elective. In addition to satisfactory completion of the employment, cadets are required to write a term paper on the experience and give an oral presentation to the department faculty. Col. Robert W. Moreschi serves as the department coordinator of the program. An important aspect of the coordinator is to insure that the employment and cadet responsibilities meet department standards for academic credit.
The five cadets, employer, position, and location were:
- Eric Hunter ’08, Ernst & Young, Business Risk Services Analyst, Philadelphia PA
- Chris Beyer ’08, Cherry, Bekaert & Holland and Northrup Grumman, Accountant, Washington DC
- Jeremy Clement ’08, UTSB Research, Analyst, Banff, Alberta Canada
- Kevin Funkey ’08, Merrill Lynch, Financial Advisor Assistant, Vienna VA
- Jacob Rochester ’08, Merrill Lynch, Financial Advisor Assistant, Dallas TX