FAFSA School Code: 003753
The purpose of the VMI financial aid program is to provide monetary assistance to cadets who without such aid would be unable to attend and to provide aid to cadets with superior abilities. Our goal is to provide responsible and courteous service while complying with all federal, state, and VMI policies. We look forward to working with you!
For the 2013-2014 academic year, all new and returning cadets must complete two important forms in order to receive Financial Aid.
Students and parents are reminded to retain their PIN in a safe location as it is used to:
- Electronically sign your FAFSA (current and future years)
- Access/submit your loan entrance counseling record, and
- Electronically sign your Master Promissory Note (eMPN)
March 1st: New Cadets
April 1st: Returning Cadets
Award Letters Online
Award letters can be viewed online through Post View. You are given a Post View account when you apply for admission. Prospective and current cadets are sent email notification when awarded and are directed to review their award letter and accept or reject student loans, all in Post View.
All Direct Loan or PLUS Loan borrowers must:
- Submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the academic year in which they wish to apply for a loan
- First-time Direct Loan borrowers complete loan entrance counseling at https://www.studentloans.gov
- Submit/sign an electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) at https://www.studentloans.gov
Entrance Counseling and eMPN Instructions - This site provides the borrower with information regard what is needed in order to complete entrance counseling and submit their respective eMPN (Direct or PLUS Loan)