Cadet Research-Related Travel

The VMI Center for Undergraduate Research provides funds to cadets for research-related travel during the academic year and during the summer. Preference will be given to cadets who will be presenting their research at a conference. However, funds may also be awarded to cadets to conduct research in the field.

Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis during the fall and spring semesters. Proposals should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the travel date so that adequate time is available to review the proposal and make a funding award.  If the request is for international travel, permission from the Office of International Programs is required before submitting a funding request to V-CUR. 

To request funds for Cadet Research-Related Travel, complete the Undergraduate Research Cadet Travel Application and email it to Leslie Joyce ( in the V-CUR office. Your faculty advisor must also submit a letter or email of support coincident with this application. This letter must address the availability of other possible funding sources (e.g. your department).

If you will be presenting at MARCUS, NCUR or the Big South, please send notice to Leslie Joyce by email.  Funding for travel to these conferences will be managed as a group.  Individual requests are not required.