How to Apply
Each year, cadets and prospective cadets must complete and submit
1. VMI Financial Aid Application and
2. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The 2016-2017 FAFSA is available after January 1st, 2016 and the school code is 003753
by the Priority Deadline –
March 1: for incoming cadets
April 1: for returning cadets
If you miss the Priority Deadline, you should still complete the FAFSA and financial aid application, however the availability of funds will be limited.
3. Verification Worksheet
Prospective cadets and returning cadets may be selected by the Department of Education for verification.
To complete verification, you must provide a completed and signed verification worksheet and also request a copy of the tax return transcript for all tax filers from the IRS.
4. Request your transcript here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
Note: Instead of ordering an IRS tax return transcript you may opt to transfer tax information into your FAFSA by using the Data Retrieval Tool at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources/irs-drt-text
Before Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for Financial Aid
- Submit the VMI Financial Aid Application. The financial aid application may be submitted through Post View or you may download the form from the VMI financial aid homepage; look under forms.
After Applying for Financial Aid
- Respond promptly to all requests for information or documents from the Office of Financial Aid. Failure to do so could result in delays, reductions, and/or potential cancellations of financial aid.
If additional information is needed, you will be notified by e-mail.