2016 Summer Session Fees
NOTICE: The rates listed below are the 2015 rates. Please plan accordingly for a slight increase in prices for 2016. The rates for 2016 will be posted as soon as they are available. Thank you.
SUMMER SESSION TUITION (per session)
- In-State Tuition: $318 per credit hour
- Out-of-State Tuition: $994 per credit hour
- Late Registration Fee: $70
ROOM & BOARD PLANS (per session)
- Room & Board, 5 Meal Plan (lunch, Mon-Fri): $915
- Room & Board, 10 Meal Plan (lunch/dinner Mon-Fri): $1,180
- *Room & Board, 15 Meal Plan (breakfast/lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri): $1,340
MEAL PLAN ONLY (per session)
- 5 Meal Plan (lunch, Mon-Fri): $290
- 10 Meal Plan (lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri): $555
- *15 Meal Plan (breakfast/lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri): $715
OTHER FEES (per session)
- **Auxiliary Fee: $67
- ***Barracks Security Deposit (refundable): $100
- On-post Parking Fee: $40
*Offered only if 25 or more students enroll in the 15 meals per week plan.
**The auxiliary fee covers medical services and use of athletic facilities and is required of all students attending VMI summer session.
***The barracks security deposit shall be refunded without interest, less any amount for fines or damages, at the end of the session to all non-VMI cadets. VMI cadet deposits from the regular session will apply to the summer session and are refundable upon graduation or termination of the cadetship.
In accordance with the Senior Citizens Higher Education Act of 1974, qualifying senior citizens are not required to pay tuition.