First and foremost VMI is a college.
The VMI Academic Program educates cadets in a rigorous academic environment that encourages life-long learning and develops citizens of character who anticipate, respond, and lead in a complex and changing world. The unique aspects of a VMI education translate directly to real world careers, both military and civilian. Many cadets point to their VMI experience and education as the reason for their success.
Aspects of the VMI academic program include:
- Dedicated faculty
- Small classes – 11.9:1 student-teacher ratio
- Challenging core curriculum
- 14 majors in the sciences, engineering, and the humanities
- 23 relevant and innovative minors and concentrations
- Enrichment programs of the highest caliber
- Effective academic support programs
Academic Mission & Vision