29th Annual Environment Virginia Symposium: "Where Leaders Meet"
April 3 - 5, 2018 at Virginia Military Institute
Call for Presentations Open August 2 - Sept. 20, 2017
The Environment Virginia Symposium features a combination of plenary speakers and break-out session presentations. If you are a business, government agency, higher ed institution, or non-profit organization and have information relevant to Virginia’s environment you would like to share as a presentation, please submit a proposal.
The Environment Virginia Symposium is a community experience of shared expertise and networking; therefore, accepted presenters are expected to participate in the entire conference as registered attendees. Presenters will be able to register for the conference at a reduced rate. More information about rate reduction will be emailed to you if your proposal is accepted.
- Recognition as an expert
- Acknowledgment on conference website and in printed program
- Representation and exposure for your organization
- Reduced conference rate
- Climate Change
- Waste Management / Sustainable Material Usage
- Other: environmental management, training/education programs, career development, environmental planning
Presentations should emphasize some of the following:
- best practices
- case studies/success stories/challenges
Attendees include professionals from all over the Commonwealth and from every sector of the environmental community – government, industry, non-profits and academia, who meet to discuss collective issues and exchange ideas, best practices and knowledge.
You may choose to present your proposal in either a traditional presentation format (15 minutes) or as a panel discussion (45 minutes). For panel presentations, list individuals and their areas of expertise. Strong panel presentations will include individuals with expertise from a variety of disciplines and organizations.
Please read through the entire online submission form before starting. That will help you map out your answers. There is a place at the end for your narrative.
Be sure to indicate the topic area in the online form.
Include a content outline with the following:
- Objectives/Outcomes/Goals (example text in italics)
This presentation will … discuss the benefits and implications of implementing the Clean Power Plan for individual consumers, industries, and the environment.
Conference attendees will be … introduced to the new carbon emission regulations established in the Clean Power Plan.
Following this presentation, attendees will be able to … evaluate and critique the possible solutions to curb carbon emissions in order to be in compliance with the Clean Power Plan.
- Challenges and/or lessons learned
- Successes and/or failures
- Target audience
- Application possibilities for other professionals and/or organizations
You must submit your proposal abstract electronically.
Proposals must be submitted by September 20, 2017.
A panel of three to five experts in a blind review process will judge based on the following criteria:
- Measurable/demonstrated environmental improvement and/or impact
- Incorporation of research data and/or case studies
- Significance to environmental professionals from a variety of disciplines
- Topical – addresses current and future environmental concerns
- Ability to replicate in other businesses, governments or organizations
- Relevance to Virginia and other Mid-Atlantic states
Only a select number of presentations will be accepted due to limited availability in the conference schedule.
You will be notified by December 18, 2017, about your proposal's status. If accepted, you must be available to present Tuesday, April 3; Wednesday, April 4; and Thursday, April 5.