Will parents and/or guardians be allowed to watch the interview process?
No, only presenters and judges will be allowed in Cameron Hall during the judging period. Exhibits open to the public at 2:30 on Saturday.
Parents must leave the venue by 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. We do not have planned activities or a waiting area for the parents except for an optional tour of VMI Post which starts at noon in front of the VMI Museum.
What can we do while in town?
- A representative from the Lexington Visitor's Center will be on hand to answer questions. They will have a table
- We recommend you check out after dropping off your student competitor in case you wish to return to your hotel, following the hotel's guidance on check out times.
- At 1:00 p.m. finalists who are in the running for the Governor's Awards will be announced. All other competitors may leave the venue but must plan to be back by 2:30 when the hall opens to the public.
- VMI conducts daily tours of Post. Post tours begin at the VMI Museum. Anyone wishing to attend needs to be in front of the VMI Museum by noon.
- See the Hotels and Area information page for links to area happenings.
- Check area shops and eateries for their hours of operation.
What time should students arrive on Saturday morning?
Students should arrive by 7:30 a.m. and be seated in the stands as directed. Enter through the main/front doors of Cameron Hall.
Should students bring any additional items?
Students should bring a water bottle and a snack. Students will be provided lunch.