Posted Tuesday, November 7, 2017
The VMI Department of Psychology is seeking a candidate for a full-time Executive Secretary position.
The position reports to the department head and supports the administrative requirements and department faculty (e.g., instructional preparation, grading of objective tests)
The Executive Secretary is the first point of contact for cadets and prospective students and must be fully informed about the department’s academic programs.
- Assists in preparation of proposals, routine departmental correspondence and other departmental correspondence as needed.
- Prepares textbook and maintains supplies.
- Reconciles financial data, manages records.
- Schedules appointments, conducts office inventory, tracks expenditures, and serves as receptionist.
- Makes travel arrangements for departmental faculty, and coordinates the administrative requirements for department conferences and visiting guests.
- Assists in maintaining student records, organizing faculty and student meetings.
- Plans events, prepares and files departmental correspondence, submitting textbook orders.
- Prepares travel forms, filing reimbursement requests, managing records and budgets, scheduling, collecting data, maintaining inventories, and other responsibilities defined by the department head.
The department encourages and supports opportunities for professional growth.
Salary depending on qualifications and experience.
- Requires excellent organizational, communication, grammar and spelling, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn and teach informational technology.
- Office experience and/or training.
Please apply online at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/94034
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled. Please include a resume, letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.