Custodial Worker – Part-time
Posted Friday, November 17, 2017
VMI is accepting applications for a part-time Custodial worker.
Job Duties: Responsible for maintaining, within assigned area on Post, a high standard of cleanliness through daily cleaning and disinfecting all assigned restrooms and showers, to include weekly scrubbing with mechanical and manual equipment. Daily removal of trash and debris from all assigned areas, frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs is possible and occasional moving of heavy furniture. Ensure all assigned floors are kept clean and free of debris. Be able to work in various weather conditions. Flexibility to adjust schedule to support evening and weekend Post events. Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning chemicals, equipment, and supplies
- Knowledge of safety practices related to the work
- Working skill in the operation of manual and power cleaning equipment to include buffers, wet-dry vacuums, shampooers, and pressure washers
- Ability to perform a variety of cleaning tasks
- Ability to tolerate contact with a variety of cleaning products and solutions
- Ability to lift/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Ability to read and write the English language, to understand and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to work in either a team or individual environment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Possess a valid VA driver’s license
- Successful candidate must pass a criminal background check
This position starts at $8.93 per hour. This is a part-time position not to exceed 1,500 hours/year.
To apply, send completed State application form to Human Resources, Virginia Military Institute, 305 Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA 24450-0304 or apply online at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/83369
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.