Custodial Foreman - Full-Time - Physical Plant
Posted Tuesday, February 27, 2018
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Custodial Foreman. This position will report directly to a Team Supervisor. This is a working foreman position. Selectee will be required to wear a uniform and present a neat, professional appearance. This position will be required to carry a radio while on duty and to respond to the Supervisor and Manager promptly.
- Filling in for supervisor when he/she is on leave
- A variety of daily cleaning tasks
- Assisting the supervisor with weekly custodial supply orders and their pickup and delivery
- Assisting with work orders in Megamations program
- Assisting with scheduling evening, weekend and event support
- Conducting inspections and working with the team to ensure all deficiencies are corrected promptly
- Performing other duties as assigned by management such as event preparation and support, inclement weather support, and special project teams
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning chemicals, equipment and supplies
- Knowledge of safety practices related to the work
- Working skill in the operation of manual and power cleaning equipment to include buffers, wet-dry vacuums, shampooers, and pressure washers
- Ability to perform a variety of cleaning tasks
- Ability to tolerate contact with a variety of cleaning products and solutions
- Ability to lift/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Megamations program
- Perform weekday and weekend stand by responsibilities for after-hours calls
- Ability to read and write English, to understand and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to work on a team
- Possess a valid VA driver’s license
- High School diploma or equivalent
Starting salary will be $19,824 plus benefits.
Background checks will be conducted on selected candidates
Apply on-line at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/99649
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.