Laundry Worker - Full-time
Posted Wednesday, March 7, 2018
***Current VMI Employees Only***
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a full time (10 month) Laundry Worker.
- Sort and fold laundry items from dryers and identify with tags,
- Iron white trousers and shirts
- Pack finished items
- Press wool uniform items
- Operate and inspect dry cleaning machines and presses
- Fill in where needed in laundry and dry cleaning operations.
Start date for this position is 10 August 2018.
- The ability to perform manual labor is required, and ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and activities of a laundry and dry cleaning operation is desirable but not required.
VMI will train the successful candidate.
Criminal Background Check required for selected candidate.
Apply online at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/104388
or Send State applications to:VMI Human Resources Office, 305 Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA 24450
Position will remain open until filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.