Do not remit fees with the application. You will be billed prior to Registration Day. VMI accepts payment for tuition and fees by cash, check, Echeck, or credit card (MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express only). If a credit card is used a 2.25% convenience fee will be assessed.
The cost of books varies according to the course and instructor, but on the average the cost for books for the summer program is approximately $150.00. An estimate for weekend meals in Lexington is $30 per weekend. Students who bring cars on the VMI Post will be required to pay a vehicle registration fee of $40.
- In-State Tuition: $360 per credit hour
- Out-of-State Tuition: $1,126 per credit hour
Room and Board
- 15 Meal Plan (breakfast/lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri): $1,108
- 19 Meal Plan (breakfast/lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri & brunch/dinner, Sat-Sun): $1,264
- **Auxiliary Fee: $124
- ***Barracks Security Deposit (refundable): $100
- On-post parking fee: $40
**The auxiliary fee covers medical services and use of athletic facilities.
***The barracks security deposit shall be refunded without interest, less any amount for fines or damages, at the end of the session to all non-VMI cadets. VMI cadet deposits from the regular session will apply to the summer session and are refundable upon graduation or termination of the cadetship.