Wireless Printing in Preston Library
VMI Cadets and faculty should connect to the VMI-Secure network
. Patrons who do not have VMI network credentials should connect to the Preston Public network. Here is more information about wireless networks at VMI
- Download and activate the client installation software. (This process varies by computer type, operating system, and browser. It could take some time, but it only has to be done ONCE.)
Install any printer in the library, by floor. Go back to print.vmi.edu.
- Open a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari) and go to print.vmi.edu.
- Click on the yellow button to the upper right: "Install Client"
- Depending on your settings, the client installation program may download to your computer rather than install. If this is the case, then open the folder where it downloaded and run the installer program from there.
- The client installation program may be downloaded but not activated. Use the Help buttons for assistance.
- A dialog box asking if you want to install may be hidden by another window.
- Be sure to select trust or proceed if you are asked to trust/not trust.
- After client installation, close the browser and reopen before the next step.
- Select Preston Library, and then the floor at Preston Library from which you wish to print. A map of that floor, showing all printers, will appear.
- Hover over the printer you would like to install, and click "Install printer" OR double click on the desired printer in the textual printer list below the floor plan. (This may take a bit longer than you expect).
- Once the printer is installed, send a print job to test the installation. Now the printer is available for your use.
If these instructions do not work, Maj. Tom Panko may be able to troubleshoot your particular situation. He is generally at the library 0800-1630 on weekdays. Please contact him directly for assistance.
*Printed instructions are available at the Preston Library Circulation desk.