Academic Centers & Services
VMI offers excellent, professionally staffed academic support services designed to help cadet achieve academic and professional goals.
- Academic Advising - Upon entry into the Institute, cadets are assigned an academic adviser to assist with academic and personal goals.
- Athletic Academic Advising - Athlete cadets work with specially-trained advisers and tutors.
- Cadet Counseling - Facilitate the personal development of cadets to meet their full academic and personal potential. Promote the health and safety of the VMI community through the provision of psychological services and psycho-educational programming in accord with professional standards.
- Disabilities Services - Cadets with declared disabilities obtain professional counseling, access to assistive technology, and direction in acquiring accommodations.
- Miller Academic Center - All cadets are encouraged to utilize the MAC programs and services to proactively facilitate success in the classroom and enhance their leadership development throughout their time at VMI.
- The Institute Writing Center - Working closely with writing experts, cadets improve writing in various disciplines.