All multimedia functionality is controlled through the Crestron panel on the wall.
- There are no user-serviceable items in the computer cabinet – DO NOT TAMPER WITH ANYTHING IN THE CABINET.
- All support is through the VMI Help Desk 540.464-7643. Library staff will not train, support or field operational questions or issues.
- If you need to use the projector from a portable device or phone, the Crestron AirMedia software needs to be installed (see instructions below) on the device and the device must be connected to eduroam or VMI-Sentinel wireless network.
To present using the projector:
- Press the Power button. This will turn on multimedia components and lower the screen.
- Select the input source (one of the top four buttons on the left). If you are presenting from your own device, AirMedia is the preferred method. You will need to be on the eduroam or VMI-Sentinel wireless network and the AirMedia software must be installed on your device AirMedia Software Installation Instructions.
- A URL and a code will be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Enter the URL into your browser and go to the page.
- When prompted, enter the access code.
- Your device’s desktop/screen may now be shared to through the projector.
- When you are done with the equipment, press the Power button to turn off the system and retract the screen.
AirMedia Software Installation Instructions
- Visit the Creston app website.
- Click on the appropriate hyperlink link for the device you are using
- For Windows, click Windows Deployable Application.
- Click the I agree to the Terms of the License, Download Now button to download the app (.msi file type) to the default Downloads folder.
- Open the msi file and install the app.