After you are appointed to VMI and we have received all of your financial aid paperwork, VMI will prepare a financial aid offer for you. Information about your financial aid award will be mailed to you and you will be able to review, accept or decline your offer in Post View, the student portal.
How to accept your VMI financial aid package:
- Accept or reject student loans in Post View
- Complete Entrance Counseling (first time Federal Direct Stafford Loan borrowers)
- Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)
- Complete Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
Entrance Counseling, Loan Agreement, and Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement must be completed prior to matriculation.
Parent PLUS Loan borrowers must apply for loans separately at the Federal Student Aid website.
Notify our office of any additional aid received from outside sources. Receipt of outside awards may impact VMI's award of financial aid because the combination of all financial aid and scholarships cannot exceed the student's demonstrated need. If such assistance is received, VMI will revise the financial aid award.
* Aid recipients may pursue an adjustment based on special or unusual circumstances by contacting Financial Aid.