VMI provides equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment.
Handbooks & Policies
VMI employees are expected to be familiar with all relevant handbooks and policies. Below is a list of HR-related policies.
- Teaching Faculty Handbook
- Administrative/Professional Faculty Handbook
- Classified Employee Handbook
- More information at MyVMI
- Regulations and Policies
Employee Assistance Program
All health plans offered to state employees and their dependents have employee assistance programs (EAPs). Included are up to four sessions at no charge for such services as mental health, alcohol or drug abuse assessment, child or elder care, grief counseling and legal or financial services. EAP counselors are available to assist employees with problems related to: alcohol, drugs, family, health, legal, financial, housing, mental health, childcare, eldercare, grief, spousal/child/parent abuse, workplace, career planning, retirement, For more information on the EAP, please visit the DHRM website.
- Training – Anthem’s EAP offers a wide variety of workshops, covering topics that deal with parenting, workplace issues, living well, and financial management. If your department is interested in scheduling a workshop, please contact the Human Resources Office for a list of EAP offerings.
The VMI Employee Wellness Program educates, supports, and empower employees to improve and maintain their overall health and well-being through healthy lifestyle choices and participation in free fitness programs.